Friday, October 15, 2010

Reid Angle Debate

Reid/Angle Debate: Reid starts with a rambling opening statement…his dad, his mom took in laundry, things suck for Nevada…and I’m going to save you!

Rambles on so long he runs out of time while talking about his Twitter account…

Angle opens: “I’m one of you”; I’ve voted for Constitutional principles; Reid votes with the Ruling Class…

Reid is for Big Government, I’m for limited government…

First Question to Reid: why haven’t you secured borders over your decades of office?

Answer: We have Predators flying over the border “over 24 hours a day”…wow, he really does ramble…essentially if you strip it down, “I’m for amnesty” Angle response: Secure the border, back Arizona, why did you (Reid) allow 11 foreign nations to dictate our immigration policy? Reid response: I’m still for amnesty.

To Angle: Did you lie about Reid voting for SS benefits for illegals?

Answer: No, I didn’t. Reid response: Yes, she did lie. Angle: “Comprehensive immigration reform” is just amnesty, and as Reid is doing that, his dodging on SS is silly.

To both: Will you back an amendment to make English official? Angle – yes. Reid – English already is our official language.

To Reid: why expensive, unworkable Obamacare rather than jobs? Answer – Insurance companies are evil Evil EVIL!!! and ObamaCare is great and will save money and provide unicorns and candy canes for everyone! Angle: ObamaCare cut half a trillion out of Medicare; also cost a half trillion in new taxes; solutions should be free market, across State lines – government out of process. Reid: people on Medicare will pay less (a lie – absolutely for certain as the Mrs just got trained in how the prices will go up next year).

To Angle: why didn’t you vote to force insurance companies to cover various health care items? Answer – we don’t want to be a nation where government mandates coverage; people should be able to choose the coverage they want. To Angle – should insurance co’s have any mandates, at all? Answer – the free market will weed out the bad insurance companies. Reid – Insurance companies are evil, evil!, Evil!!, EVIL!!!!! I hate them, hate them, HATE them! Force them to do everything! Angle – Competition will do the best job.

To both – should ObamaCare cover abortion? Angle – no. Reid – I’ll hide behind the Hyde Amendment.

To Reid – the economy sucks, should we blame Obama or Bush? Answer – I’ve brought government money in to Nevada and I’ve helped people get and keep homes; I’ll bring in more money…trust me, I can fix this. I hate Wall Street. Does Obama share blame? Answer – no, Clinton balanced the budget and its all Bush’s fault. Angle response – Housing bubble was built up over many years; we need an audit of Federal Reserve; Fannie and Freddie need to be reformed; we need to get to bottom of what really caused the problem…and this problem stretches back as long as Reid has been in office. Reid – we’ve got a commission to figure it out! I called for audit of Fed in 1987 (so, what have you been doing for 23 years on this issue, Senator?).

To Angle – do you think unemployed are spoiled? What do you plan to fix unemployment as you said getting jobs isn’t a Senator’s job? Answer – we need to encourage the private sector to create jobs; businesses are holding back on expansion because of tax and spending uncertainty. My job is to implement policies which allow businesses to create jobs. Reid – China will build windmills here in Nevada thanks to me. Angle – no, Harry, you don’t make jobs; the private sector does, and they have lost confidence because of your policies.

To Reid – what Supreme Court justice you like? Answer – I like Scalia. Can I talk about how good ObamaCare is, instead? People don’t like ObamaCare because I haven’t been able to sit down and explain it to them. Angle – I like Thomas; would not have voted for Kagan or Sotomayor. I want judges who won’t legislate from the bench. Reid – I hated the Gore v Bush decision; have constitution in my pocket.

To Angle – a court ruled against DADT; is it time to end it? How do you feel about Cheney and his position on gay marriage? Answer – the military should decide when and if to admit open homosexuals; we Nevadans have defined marriage as one man and one woman, and I’ll back that. Cheney has his own opinion and that is great. Reid – DADT repeal wasn’t a repeal as it would take the SecDef and the President would have to decide if DADT should go. Angle – we should see what the military says, and then decide what to do.

To Reid – SS will pay out more than it takes in; did you raid the Trust Fund? I like SS; I’ll protect it; it’ll work forever; we can worry about it 35 years from now; don’t bring this up during my re-election effort. Angle – “Man up Senator Reid”; you, yourself, said that spending SS money was “stealing”; we need to put the SS money back in the trust fund and allow people to have an option for partial privatization just as you have. Reid – SS is fine, don’t worry about it.

To Angle – you said you wanted to privatize SS, now you say “personalize”; why did you change? Answer – Reid and government employees have personalized accounts, so everyone should have one. $41 billion more going out than coming in; we need to fix this. Reid – SS is fine; don’t worry about it. Angle – SS has nothing but IOU’s.

To Reid – Angle says you have demonized nuke industry; did we miss an opportunity by closing Yucca? Answer – Yucca Mtn is bad, I’m the hero because I saved us! There isn’t enough water in Nevada to run a nuke plant (is Senator Reid unaware of that river we have up north?). Angle – we don’t want to make NV a nuke waste dump, but technology allows us to build nuke plants and why has Harry blocked coal fired plants? Reid – I’ve done wonders for energy in Nevada.

To Angle – you want to eliminate Dept of Ed; which means you hate children, right? Answer – no, I don’t hate children; I was a teacher for 25 years; the Dept of Ed is a one-size-fits-all agency which fits no one…we send our money to DC where it is skimmed off and returned to us as un-funded mandates you frickin’ dimwit who can’t understand the first thing about education (I’m paraphrasing). Reid – Government is the solution; we need more and more and more government involvement in education. Angle – the Dept of Ed has been around since late 70′s and education has just gotten worse and worse. We need to take our 10th Amendment rights and bring education back to local level.

To Reid – you said the war in Iraq is lost; do you believe your statement demoralized troops? General Petraeus is at fault for my statement – he told me to say it; I’m responsible for the surge; it worked because of me. I did it all. Angle – we need to support our military with all our resources; Reid, your statement emboldened our enemies and you should apologize. Reid – the VFW backs me, so I’m cool.

To Angle – did you do any Reid-like political gamesmanship in trying to get Reid’s stooge out of the Senate race? No; getting back to VA, we need to do better. Reid – Angle’s husband has a government pension so everyone should have government-run health care. Angle – but you don’t want everyone to have choices; we should have plans like my husband’s…not Reid’s mandates.

To Reid – what about Bush tax cuts? We’re just waiting until after November 2nd then we’ll find out what we need to do. Can I talk about how wonderful ObamaCare will be for you? Angle – the cuts need to be made permanent or we’ll have the largest tax increase in history…Reid, you’ve voted 300 time for taxes, we can’t trust…how did you become a millionaire off a government salary? Reid – I’ve worked in private sector (when?).

To Angle – do tax cuts cause debt? Angle – breezes past stupid point of question, points out the money is ours, not government. Reid – we balanced budget under Clinton and everything was great. Bush squandered it on wars. We have to pay down that debt (when?).

Closing statements: Reid – Angle is a in favor of EVIL insurance companies and banks. We’ll do everything for you. Angle – I’m an optimist who believes in American exceptionalism; we, the people, can solve our problems; cut spending, pay debt, the Constitution is the Contract with America; I’m the right Angle for the Senate.

Angle won this in a walk over.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code