Monday, November 1, 2010

Favre Injury


Brett Favre's injury is not as serious as it initially appeared when he was hit hard in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Patriots. Although Favre had to be helped off the field, the Vikings announced that he only sustained a laceration to his chin and received eight stitches after being carted off.

In the Vikings' postgame press conference, Favre indicated that he plans to play in Week 9, saying "I don't want to make a big deal out of it. I remember everything, unfortunately. But I'll be fine."

Tarvaris Jackson came in to replace Favre after Patriots defensive tackle Myron Pryor delivered a nasty shot to Favre's chin midway through the fourth quarter. If Favre is able to return next week, he'll extend his NFL-record streak to 293 consecutive regular-season games started in spite of multiple injuries this season.

"I really can't complain, although I probably should," said Favre. "I have a broken foot. I have eight stitches in my chin. I've had tendinitis in my elbow, but I threw it as well as I have all season."

Favre finished 22 of 32 for 259 yards passing and one interception before being knocked out of the game.

Vikings coach Brad Childress thinks his 41-year-old QB has a chance to extend his streak and wouldn't rule him out for next week's game against Arizona. "Let's have a little history lesson... and you can probably venture a pretty good guess in whether you thought he'd go, you know. I think, probably, he takes a swing at it next week. What do you think?"

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code