Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Denise Richards Playboy


Denise Richards says having parts of her life play out in the media has been difficult, but it was never enough to make her leave the business - or Hollywood.

"Where do you go?" she says. "There's paparazzi all over the world. If you're someone they want to photograph, they'll find you."

For years, thanks to her marriage to - and divorce from - Charlie Sheen, Richards has been a staple of the celebrity magazines, and a lot of the coverage was ugly.

"I love this job," she says. "This is the negative part that goes along with it."

Leaving, she says, "wasn't an option. I wasn't going to give up my job because things are written about me."

And she didn't.

She's now a series regular on Spike TV's comedy "Blue Mountain State," where she plays the ex-wife of coach Marty Daniels, played by Ed Marinaro. Richards, of course, adds the sizzle.

"I like the humor," she says of "BMS." "They push the envelope a little bit with what they can get away with on the show."

Indeed, in one episode, Richards has one of the team's players tied down during a romp in bed, when Marinaro walks in. They then commence a romantic interlude while the kid lies there.

"I was blown away with what they get away with," she says.

Richards took the role, she says, because she likes comedy, not to improve her image. Filming is done in Montreal, and she is one of the few females on the series.

The role comes after she appeared in her own reality show for E! That project, she says, was done to offset negative publicity about her time with Sheen.

"I'm an actor; it's nice to play different parts and different characters," she says. "I love to be on set. I love the whole creative process. I love how they light things. I love how the director works. I love being on the set so much."

She won't rule out another reality show, but she's not planning on one either.

When Richards was growing up in Illinois, she wanted to be an actress. She started in modeling, which led to acting.

Her reality show hasn't changed the kinds of roles she's offered, but the perception of her has evolved, she says.

"I went through a hard time," she says. "It was hard for me to accept that my personal life was affecting my job."

That's behind her now, though.

Richards has the Spike series, and shot a movie, "Mother's Little Helpers." She's in New York for the next couple of days to promote "BMS," a trip that includes a visit with Howard Stern. A previous appearance with Stern made headlines because she talked about her implants.

How will she explain the Stern visit to her daughters?

"That's the least of my worries," she says, laughing. "I did a movie, 'Wild Things.' I did Playboy. This is part of my job. I don't know how we'll explain it. Charlie and I have much more to explain than this."

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hostgator Discount Code